Not-Quite Song-a-Day

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Top Secret Hidden Wal Mart Store Photos!!! Classified! Classified!

So when we stopped into the Wal Mart to get an oil change, I got out my camera. Mostly because it's what I always do, but also because I saw this and wanted to photograph it. And I'm glad I did.



So then I was wandering around in the Super-Store thinking about how much open space there was. More than you mostly get in New York and certainly more than you would ever get indoors. So I thought it'd be cool to take some tele-photo shots and compress the space. Real cool landscape-like photos.

I got a couple of shots off, just calibrating what the conditions were like, when a man with a broom firmly instructed me that I was not to take photos in the Wal Mart. Whoa. Ok, that's cool. I half expected as much. So I pack it up and just start wandering around scoping the scene.

About two minutes later, as I was reading about the savings that Wal Mart affords over other stores, two plain clothes dicks (that stands for "detectives") accosted me and started an interrogation:

Dicks: Are you taking pictures of the Wal Mart?
Me: What? No!
Dicks: You weren't just taking pictures of the Wal Mart?
Me: I was, but I was told I wasn't allowed, so I stopped.
Dicks: Why were you taking pictures?
Me: Well I'm not from around here and they don't have Wal Marts where I come from.

This seemed to satisfy the dicks and they let me go with an O, Brother-Where-Art-Thou-style "Just don't take any more pictures of the Wal Mart!"


So it is with great pride, ladies and gentlemen, that I now reveal to you those few shots I popped off at the beginning! The only photographic record of what goes on inside these great temples of commerce and culture! An isaacgillespie.com exclusive - the only known photos (to my knowledge) of the inside of a Wal Mart store! Enjoy at your own discretion:



3 comments:

Dan Gillespie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan Gillespie said...

Someone must have seen something and said something.

Bek said...

I, too, have clandestine photos from the inside of a Wal-mart ;)


My Blog List